This easy Spicy Carrot Soup gets its beautiful reddish-orange hue from the addition of a red bell pepper. Made from pantry and refrigerator staples, this simple carrot soup is a great choice when you don't have much in the kitchen, but want to eat something homemade.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped`
- 2-3 dashes hot red pepper flakes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, and saute for 1 minute. Add the carrots and bell pepper and continue to saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly softened.
Add the vegetable broth, raise the heat to bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender or regular blender. Enjoy!