This simple salad of tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil absolutely bursts with flavor. It's a good way to rescue lackluster supermarket tomatoes, though it's best when made with succulent vine-ripe summer tomatoes.
Serves 4 to 6.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 8 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs (if using). Toss well.
Transfer to a serving dish and finish with freshly ground black pepper to taste.